Grace offers adult members a variety of opportunities to gather in fellowship, serving, and learning. Contact the church at 605-698-7636 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out what is currently going on at Grace.
Grace Lutheran’s Women of the ELCA (WELCA) members meets on the first Wednesday of the month in September, October, November, December, April, May, and June. If you are interested in becoming a WELCA member at Grace and joining a Circle group please contact the church office.
Grace Lutheran WELCA Circle Groups Meet for Bible Study and fellowship:
- Faith Circle - First Monday at 7:00 p.m.
- Joy Circle – Third Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.
- Hope Circle – Second Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
- Fellowship Circle – Third Wednesday at 2:00 p.m.
WELCA Purpose Statement:
As a community of women, created in the image of God, called to discipleship in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to grow in faith, affirm our gifts, support one another in our callings, engage in ministry and action, and promote healing and wholeness in the church, the society, and the world.
The quilting group at Grace produces 300-500 quilts per year that are used to help people in need at home and around the world in partnership with Lutheran World Relief and Global Health.
The group meets Monday’s at 9:00 a.m. till noon. Many women from throughout the community gather at Grace for quilting each week. All are welcome to join in on the quilting fun!
Serving God through serving others. Members at Grace are assigned to a serving group (7 groups total). Groups take turns serving for funerals held at Grace as well as two Tekakwitha nursing home birthday parties per year.
Grace Lutheran has a history of global outreach. Church members enjoy serving the Lord by sharing their gifts, energy, and compassion with others inside and outside the church walls. For more information on volunteering and getting involved in outreach projects at Grace please contact the church office.
We are called to act with justice. We are called to love tenderly. We are called to serve one another, to walk humbly with God. Chorus from “We are called” by David Haas
Lutheran World Relief Projects:
- Baby Care Kits - Baby Care Kits are given to mothers living in poverty and include items that will help mothers care for their baby such as blankets, soap, and clothing.
- School Kits - School Kits are distributed to youth in areas where poverty or disaster has limited their options. The kits contain essential supplies to help children – and in some cases adults – continue learning, despite facing hardships. Education leads to a better life and strengthens communities.
- God’s Global Barnyard - An animal can make a world of difference for a family in need. Animals provide food to eat, fertilizer to grow crops and offspring to sell on the market. With one gift, you can help a family escape the cycle of hunger and poverty for good. Sunday School children and others at Grace Lutheran collect donations for this project.
- LSS Counseling: Grace Lutheran Church is a satellite office for Lutheran Social Services (LSS) of South Dakota. A LSS counselor is at Grace Lutheran Church in Sisseton every Monday and offers counseling services for the community. If you would like to schedule a counseling appointment call 1-800-568-7116.
- LSS Credit Counseling: Grace Lutheran Church is a satellite office for Lutheran Social Services (LSS) of South Dakota. A LSS counselor is at Grace Lutheran Church in Sisseton two times a month and offers credit counseling for the community. If you would like to schedule a credit counseling appointment call 1-888-258-2227 ext. 206.
- Sisseton Ministerial Association: Grace Lutheran is a member of the Sisseton Ministerial Association; an ecumenical organization of area churches.
- Community Food Pantry: Grace Lutheran Church is part of the Sisseton Food Pantry, which is a ministry of the Sisseton Ministerial Association. The food pantry is located at the Kateri Place in Sisseton and serves all segments of society twice a month. For more information contact Pastor Bob Beasley at (605) 698-7631.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS): VBS at Grace Lutheran Church is held annually the first week in June and is open to area children (preschool through 9th graders).
- Live Nativity: Every year, 7th and 8th grade Jr. Leaguers act out the story of the birth of baby Jesus. This Live Nativity is held in the Heineke barn (north of Sisseton) on the second Wednesday of December. All are welcome to attend this event. Viewers are asked to meet at Grace Lutheran Church and "follow the Star".